Block & Zautra (1981): study US Arizona 1979
- Block, M.; Zautra, A.J.
- Satisfaction and Distress in a Community: A Test of the Effects of Life Events.
- American Journal of Community Psychology, 1981, Vol. 9, 165 - 180
- General public, 3 cities, Arizona, USA, 1979
- Probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 537
- Non Response
- 11 %
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question, asked twice in interview:
How do you feel about your life as a whole......?
5 mostly satisfied
3 mostly dissatisfied
Summation: arithmetic mean
Name: Andrews & Withey's "Delighted-Terrible Scale" (original version)
Also known as Lehman's 'Global life satisfaction'
- Author's label:
- quality of life
- Page in publication:
- Error estimates:
- r=+.71,repeat reliability.
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
- 2.34 -
- 0.87 -