Blauw (2014a): study NL 2012
- Blauw, S. L.
- Birds of a Feather: The Spread of Happiness and Behavior in a Dutch Sorority.
- Thesis, The Tinberg Institute Research Series, "Well-to-Do or Doing Well? Empirical studies of Wellbeing and Development", 2014, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, Chapter 4
- Female university students, members of a sorority, The Netherlands, followed 1 year 2012-2013
- Survey name
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 170
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Happiness assessed at T1: before joining a year-club T2: one year afte:
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Here is ladder representing the 'ladder of life'. Let's suppose the top of the ladder represents the best possible life for you; and the bottom, the worst possible life for you. On which step of the ladder do you feel you personally stand at the present time?
10 best possible
0 worst possible life
This question was followed (not preceded) by items on life 5 years ago and 5 years from now.
- Author's label:
- Cohort 2012: M = 7,62 SD = 0,90
Cohort 2013: M = 7,74 SD = 0,97
- Page in publication:
- 102, 106
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 7.68 -
- 0.93 -