Bjornskov et al. (2007): study ZZ 1997
- Bjornskov, C.; Dreher, A.; Fischer, J.A.
- The Bigger the Better? Evidence of the Effect of Government Size on Life Satisfaction around the World.
- Public Choice, 2007, Vol. 130, 267 - 292
- 18+ aged, general public, 74 nations, 1997-2001
- Survey name:
- WorldValuesSurvey 3
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 120000
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
All things considered, how satisfied are you with your life as-a-whole these days?
- Author's label:
- % satisfied.
- Reported as % happy in nation (score 8, 9 or 10). Range: 10% - 78%. Average: 43%
- Page in publication:
Government consumption in nation
Average happiness in era