Bjornskov (2005): study ZZ World samples 1997
- Bjornskov, C.
- Life Satisfaction: Is There a Role for Policy?
- Policy Paper No. VI/2005, European Enterprise Institute, 2005, Brussels, Belgium
- 18+ aged, general public, 73 nations, 1997-2000
- Survey name
- INT-WorldValuesSurvey 4
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 100000
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on 2 questions:
A All things considered, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your life as a whole these days?
B Taking all together, how happy would you say you are?
4 very happy
3 quite happy
2 not very happy
1 not at all happy
Computation: Summed score, rescaled to range 0-100 with average 50
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Full distribution not reported
- Page in publication:
- 3, 9, 10
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 100 On range 0-10
- 42.74 4.27
- 20.03 2.00