Biswas-Diener & Diener (2006): study ZZ East-West pairs 2005
- Biswas-Diener, R.; Diener, E.
- The Subjective-Well-Being of the Homeless, and Lessons for Happiness.
- Social Indicators Research, 2006, Vol. 76, 185 - 205
- Homeless people, Calcutta (India), Fresno & Portland (USA), 200?
- Non-probability purposive sample
- N = 186
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Questionnaires for literate, oral interviews for illiterate participants
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report of momentary mood on 6 questions:
Using the scale below, indicate how much of the time during the PAST MONTH have you felt each emotion?
2 slight amount (rare)
3 some of the time
4 about half the time
5 much of the time
6 almost always
Computation: (A+B)/2 - (C+D+E+F)/4
Name: Diener's 'Affect Balance'
- Author's label:
- Positve and negative affect
- Affect Balance computed by WDH team from table III. Calcutta: -0.24, DV +0,67, Fresno +0,46
- Page in publication:
- 196, 197
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 0 On range 0-10
- 55.00 -
- - -
Comparison of specific social categories in nations