Baruch & Barnett (1986a): study US 1980
- Baruch, G.K.; Barnett, R.C.
- Consequences of Fathers' Participation in Family Work: Parents' Role Strain and Well-Being.
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 1986, Vol. 51, 983 - 992
- Mothers with children age 4-10, USA,1980
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 160
- Non Response:
Also mailed questionnaire, weekchart. Parents jointly used a chart to indicate 5 typical week days and for 2 typical weekend days the hours during which the target child and each parent were home and awake; they then indicated the nature of the child- parent interaction that typically occured during each of those hours.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Considering everything, how satisfied are you with your life as whole.....?
7 completely satisfied
5 mostly satisfied
2 very dissatisfied
1 completely dissatisfied
- Author's label:
- Overall life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%, 3: 0%, 4: 0%, 5: 0%, 6: 0%, 7: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
Full-time home maker
Part-time working of house-wives
Full-time vs part-time
Division of household-work