Barnett & Baruch (1987): study US 1980
- Barnett, R.C.; Baruch, G.K.
- Mothers' Participation in Childcare: Patterns and Consequences.
- Crosby, F.J.; Ed.: "Spouse, Parent, Worker", Yale University Press, 1987, New Haven, USA, 91 - 108
- Parents with children 4-10, USA, 1980
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 320
- Non Response
- 60 %
Also mailed questionnaire, weekchart. Parents jointly used a chart to indicate 5 typical week days and for 2 typical weekend days the hours during which the target child and each parent were home and awake; they then indicated the nature of the child- parent interaction that typically occured during each of those hours.Each parent was interviewed in a separate room by a same sex interviewer
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Considering everything, how satisfied are you with your life as whole.....?
7 completely satisfied
5 mostly satisfied
2 very dissatisfied
1 completely dissatisfied
- Author's label:
- Overall life satisfaction
- Happiness of mothers: M = 5,52
- Page in publication:
Full-time vs part-time
Part-time working of house-wives