Bandyopadhyay (2020): study IN 2016
- Bandyopadhyay, S.
- Gendered Well‑Being: Cross‑Sectional Evidence from Poor Urban Households in India
- Social Indicators Research, 2020, Vol. 151, 281-308
- Low-income urban households, Delhi, India, 2016
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Probability systematic sample
- N = 1278
- Non Response:
Interviews were conducted during the day time by a team of four interviewers. Women were interviewed by a female investigator.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question;
On the whole, how satisfied are you with your life in general?
Would you say you are..
4 very satisfied
3 fairly satisfied
2 not very satisfied
1 not at all satisfied
- Author's label:
- Life satifction
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 11.4%, 2: 42.8%, 3: 40.4%, 4: 16.8% (total 111.4%)
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 4 On range 0-10
- 2.56 5.37
- 0.87 2.46