Baltatescu (2014): study RO 1999
- Baltatescu, S.M.
- Gender and Age Differences in Subjective Well-Being: Romania 1999-2005.
- Eckermann, E.; Ed: "Gender, Lifespan and Quality of Life: An International Perspective", Springer Science+Buisiness Media Dordrecht, 2014, Dordrecht, Netherlands, 99 - 114
- 18+ aged general public Romania 1999
- Survey name:
- RO-Romanian POB
- Probability multistage stratified area sample
- N = 1000
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on 10 questions:
"During the past week, did you ever feel.....?"
A So restless that you could not sit long in a chair
B Proud, because someone had complimented you
C Very lonely or remote from people?
D Pleased about having accomplished something
F On top of the world?
H That things were going your way?
I Upset because someone criticized you?
J Could not do anything, simply because you could not start?
Answer options and scoring:
- yes = 1
- no = 0
Positive Affect Score (PAS): summed scores on B,D F,H
Negative Affect Score (NAS): summed scores on A,C,E,G,I,J
Affect Balance Score (ABS): PAS minus NAS
Possible range -6 to +4
Name: Bradburn's `Affect Balance Scale' (adapted version)
- Author's label:
- Affect Balance
- weighted average computed from Table 7.2
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- 1: 0%, 2: 0%
- Summary Statistics
- On original range -6 - 4 On range 0-10
- 0.34 5.34