Arvin & Lew (2012a): study ZZ 1996
- Arvin, B.M.; Lew, B.
- Development Aid, Corruption and the Happiness of Nations: Analysis of 118 Countries over the Years 1996 - 2009
- Applied Econometrics and International Development , 2012, Vol. 12, 69 - 78
- Adult general public, 118 nations, 1996-2009
- Survey name:
- INT-World Database of Happiness Pooled surveys from different programs
- Varied Probability
- N = 118000
- Non Response:
- Multiple assesment methods
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
Equivalent questions on life-satisfaction rated on various scales. The items differ slightly in wording and number of the response options.
Scores are transformed to a common range 0 - 10 by means of expert weighting of response options (Thurstone's method).
- Author's label:
- life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.89 -
- 1.15 -