Alesina et al. (2005): study DE 1990
- Alesina, A.; Glaeser, E.; Sacerdote, B.
- Work and leisure in the U.S. and Europe: Why so Different?
- Working Paper no 11278, NBER Working Paper Series, 2005, Cambridge, USA.
- employed heads of household, Germany, followed 10 years from 1990-2000
- Survey name:
- DE-SOEP 1990
- Probability multi-stage random
- N = 38558
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
All things considered, how satisfied are you with your life as a whole these days?
- Author's label:
- Life satisfaction
- Page in publication:
- table 14
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 7.16 7.16
- 1.77 1.77
Time off work