Aknin et al. (2009): study US 2004
- Aknin, L.B.; Dunn, E.W.; Norton, M.I.
- From Wealth to Well-being? Money Matters, but Less than people Think.
- The Journal of Positive Psychology, 2009, Vol. 4, 523 - 527
- US laypeople, United States, 200?
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- Non-probability sample (unspecified)
- N = 744
- Non Response:
selection from an online survey company's panel of 2.5 million respondents, answered questions in return for points that could be redeemed for prizes Study 1: respondents report own happiness level and their prediction of happiness of others at different income levels. Study 2: respondents report own happiness level and predict their happiness level at different income levels.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question
Using a scale from 0 to 10, where 0 means 'the worst possible life' and 10 means the 'best possible life', how would you rate your life overall these days?
0 worst possible life
10 best possible life
- Author's label:
- Page in publication: