Ackerman et al. (1989): study US 1986
- Ackerman, N.M.; Bailey, D.; Jenson, G.O.
- Farm Work and Family: Major Sources of Satisfaction for Farm Families.
- Utah Science, 1989, Vol. 50, 134 - 142
- Dairy farm couples, Utah, USA,1986
- Probability stratified sample
- N = 116
- Non Response
Two-person interview teams conducted separate simultaneous interviews with the husband and wife in each dairy farm household.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
How do you feel about your life as a whole.....?
5 mostly satisfied
3 mostly dissatisfied
Name: Andrews & Withey's `Delighted-Terrible Scale' (original version)
- Author's label:
- Overall quality of life
- Page in publication:
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 1 - 7 On range 0-10
- 5.66 -
- - -
Satisfaction with leisure