Abrams & Hall (1972): study GB 1971
- Abrams, M.; Hall, J.
- The Condition of the British People: Report on a Pilot Survey using Self-Rating Scales.
- Unpublished Paper, Social Science Research Council, 1972, London, UK
- 15+ aged, middle class, Britain, 1971
- N = 213
- Non Response
Halfstructured questionnaire, using both open end and closed questions.
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Self report on single question:
"How dissatisfied would you say you are with things in general today?'
Rated on ladder scale
[ 10 ] completely satisfied
[ 0 ] completely dissatisfied
- Author's label:
- Satisfaction in general
- Almost symmetric.: 20 % low (0-3), 56 % medium (4-7), 24 % high (8-10)
- Observed distribution
- Summary Statistics
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 5.53 -
- - -