Abdel-Khalek (2006a): study KW 2002
- Abdel-Khalek, A.M.
- Measuring Happiness by a Single Item Scale.
- Social Behavior and Personality, 2006, Vol. 34, 139 - 150
- Secondary school students, Kuwait 2002
- Non-probability chunk sample
- N = 472
- Non Response:
Questionnaire completed in class
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Do you feel happy in general?
0 minimum score
10 maximal score
Numbers presented on a horizontal line scale.
- Author's label:
- self-rating of happines
- Instruction to imagine global estimation and general
feelings (not their present states) and to know that 0 is the minimum and 10 is the maximum score
- Page in publication:
- Error estimates:
- retest after one week: r = +.86 (n = 71)
- Observed distribution:
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
- 6.36 6.36
- 2.72 2.72