Abdel-Khalek (2006a): study KW 2002 /1
- Abdel-Khalek, A.M.
- Measuring Happiness by a Single Item Scale.
- Social Behavior and Personality, 2006, Vol. 34, 139 - 150
- University undergraduates, Kuwait 2002
- Non-probability chunk sample
- N = 503
- Non Response:
Questionnaire completed in class
Happiness Measure(s) and Distributional Findings
- Full text:
Selfreport on single question:
Do you feel happy in general?
0 minimum score
10 maximal score
Numbers presented on a horizontal line scale.
- Author's label:
- Single item scale of happines
- Correlation with Oxford Happiness Inventory: r = +.69 males, r = +.63 females
Correlation with Satisfaction with Life Scale: r = +.55 males, r = +.62 females
- Page in publication:
- Error estimates:
- One week retest correlation: r=+.86 (n=71)
- Observed distribution:
- On original range 0 - 10 On range 0-10
Inner locus of control