- Psychology students, selected for earlier happiness, followed 11 month, USA, 198?-8?
- N = 54
- Non Response
- Drop-out: T0-T1: 28%, T1-T2: 41%
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Questionnaire completed in class
- Authors's Label
- Balance of recalled life-events; 3 yrs (free recall)
- Our Classification
- Subjects were asked to recall and list as many positive (or negative) life-events as they could in 3 minutes.
- T1: events in the last 3 years
- T2: events in the 3 years before T1.
Random order of positive- and negative tests.
Assessed at T1 and T2 (11 month interval) The period in which the reported events took place is the same at both assesments.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- happy Ss: T1: 9.5 T2: 11.3
- unhappy Ss T1: 7.8 T2: 8.2
- happy Ss: T1: 5.6 T2: 6.1
- unhappy Ss T1: 6.5 T2: 6.3
- happy Ss: T1: 4.0 T2: 5.2
- unhappy Ss T1: 1.2 T2: 1.9