- Gifted women (IQ >135), followed 50 years, California, USA, 1921-72
- N = 671
- Non Response:
- Attrition in 1972: 25%
Repeated interviews and questionaires
- Authors's label
- Satisfaction with career pattern (lifestyle work pattern)
- Our Classification
- Ss were first asked to characterize their worklife into one of four possible patterns;
- I have been primarily homeworker.
- I have pushed a career most of my
- I have pushed a career exept during
the period when I was raising a
- I have done considerable work needed
for income but I would not call it a
Ss were next invited to indicate which pattern they would choose now.
Satisfaction is the correspondence between 'As it was' and 'As I now would choose'.
Assessed in 1972