- 65-95 aged, New Foundland, Canada, 197?
- N = 598
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's Label
- Our Classification
- Memorial University of New Foundland
Scale of Happiness (MUNSH)
24 item index of questions on `how have things been going' and `general experiences'. Typical items are:
4. I felt lucky in the past month
11. This is the dreadiest time of my life.
16. Things are getting worse as I get older.
23. I am satisfied with my life today
Observed Relation with Happiness
MUNSH predicts happiness (MIX 1.2) better than the 21 iten Philadelphia Geriatric Center Morale Scale (PGC, Lawton 1972), the brief Life-satisfaction Index (LSI-Z, Wood 1969), and the Affect Balance Scale (ABS, Bradburn 1969, valid indicator AFF 2.3)
Study 2: N=297