- Children followed from age 0 to 18, Berkeley, California, USA, 1929-47
- N = 54
- Non Response:
- 13% drop-outs (7 children and their mothers)
Multiple assesment methods
Behavioral observation and interviews
- Authors's Label
- Later marital happiness of mother
- Our Classification
- Related specification variables
- Rating made by three judges on the basis of interview-protocols (one to three interviews). 8-item index: each item scored on a 7-point scale ranging from 'not at all true' to 'extremely true'.
Assessed at Ss age 9-14. (± 10 years after assessment of happiness).
Observed Relation with Happiness
Months Months Months Months
10-12 13-15 18-24 27-36