- University students white, middle-class, State University of New-York, USA,197?
- N = 133
- Non Response:
Questionnaire administered in class at two consecutive days.
- Authors's label
- Pollyannaism: cognitive tendencies
- Our Classification
- Tests of memory and verbal behavior.
1. Selective recall: tendency to recall pleasant words more accurately
2. Spew tendency: tendency to list more pleasant items first
3. Frequency estimation: tendency to
judge pleasant words as more
frequent than unpleasant words in the English language
4. Free association: tendency to supply more responses to pleasant stimuli
than to unpleasant stimuli
5. Word usage: tendency to use pleasant words in describing people in