Study Caplovitz & Sherrow (1977): study US 1961
- College seniors, USA, 1961
- N = 29677
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Religious identification
- Our Classification
- Ss who had changed to another religion were excluded
- Identifyers: 87%, apostates: 13%
- Related specification variables
- Two questions:
A In which religion were you being raised?
B What is your religion now?
On the basis of these answers Ss were categorized as either:
1. Identifiers (individuals who still adhered the religion of their parents). 2.Apostates (individuals being raised in a certain religion but at the time of the interview adhered to none).
Observed Relation with Happiness
Jews 39 26 13
Protestants 53 33 20
Catholics 46 28 18