Study Veenhoven (1984): study ZZ 1974
- 15+ aged, general public, 55 nations, 1974-1976
- N = 8433
- Non Response
Conducted by Gallup bureaus in different countries.
- Authors's Label
- Degree of 'interest democracy'
- Our Classification
- Related specification variables
- Degree to which the political system leaves room for non-parliamentary articulation of interest; rated on the basis of the following indicators:
1. influence of 'organized' interest
2. limitedness of the role of
'institutional interest groups';
3. limitedness of the role of
'ascriptive interest groups';
4. limitedness of the role of
'irregular interest groups'.
Data drawn from Bertrand (1981:162).
Observed Relation with Happiness
Australia 7.0 12
North America 6.7 10
Western Europe 6.3 9
Latin America 6.0 5
of the Sahara) 4.6 2
Asia (exc. Japan) 3.8 3
Japan 5.8 6