- 18-55 aged, general public, New York City, 1979
- N = 602
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's label
- Perceived danger in neighborhood
- Our Classification
- 5-item index of questions on the degree of danger experienced by respondents in their neighborhood:
1. In this area, many people I know are afraid to go out at night.
2. You are taking a big chance in this neighborhood if you walk around alone after dark.
3. A lot of people in this neighborhood stay home after dark because they are
afraid to go outside by themselves.
4. People should not walk alone in this neighborhood.
5. This neighborhood is really safe place to live.
Rated on four-point scales, ranging from "not at all like it is" t "exactly like it is".