- 50+ aged, whites followed 2,5 years, Kansas City, USA., 196?
- N = 177
- Non Response:
- Panel group: 16% refusal; 26% dropout after 4 interviews. Quasi panel: 17% dr.
4 interviews in a period of two and a half years.
- Authors's label
- Resolution and fortitude
- Our Classification
- Content analysis of interview records by 2 independent judges (component of the Life Satisfaction Rating. LSR, Neugarten et al 1961).
5. Try and try again attitude. Active
personal responsibility, takes the
bad and the good and makes the most
4. Can take life as it comes. Has no
complaint of the way life has treated him. Assumes responsibility
3. Has ups and downs. Shows a trace of
extra-punitiveness or intropunitive-
ness concerning his difficulties in
2. Feels he hasn't done better because
he has not gotten the breaks. Has
worked hard but feels he never got
1. Talks of hard knocks which he has not mastered (extrapunitive). Blames
self a great deal (intropunitive).
Feels helpless; overwhelmed by life.