- Adults, students and churchmembers, USA, 197?
- N = 217
- Non Response:
- 5,9 %
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's label
- Sex Role
- Our Classification
- Ss rated their characteristic behavior on the 60 item Bem Sex Role Inventory (Bem, 1974).All 60 items (adjectives) refer to socially desirable behavior: 20 to typically male ones (e.g. dominant, decisive), 20 to typically female ones (e.g. sensitive, yielding) and 20 to sex neutral foels (e.g. loyal, honest).
Ss were classified according to their average scores on these dimensions.
- Masculine: above median of male ad-
jectives, below median of female
- Feminine: above median of female ad-
jectives, below median of male ones.
- Androgynous: above medians of both
male and female adjectives.
- Undifferentiated: below median of
both male and female adjectives.