- Students, undergraduates, Kent State University at Ashtabula, Ohio, USA., 1966-67
- N = 132
- Non Response:
Questionnaire completed in class
- Authors's Label
- Our Classification
- Related specification variables
- Self report on 5 questions:
1. I adhere stroughly to the religion of my parents.
2. I have adopted the religion of my parents but I do not take it very seriously.
3. I have adopted a new religion which I adhere strongly.
4. I have adopted a new religion, but I do not take it very seriously.
5. I do not adhere to any religion, I am essentially 'this worldly' in my outlook.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- 5-point scale: item 1 indicating the most religious.
males : r = +.01 (ns)
females : r = +.17 (ns)
- 3-point scale: item 1 or 3 (top category), 2 or
4 (middle), or 5 (lowest category):
males : r = -.00 (ns)
females : r = +.12 (ns)
- 5-point scale: item 3 (most religious), 4,1,2,5, (least religious):
males : r = +.00 (ns)
females : r = +.16 (ns)