Study Meredith (1984): study US 1982
- 16+ aged, recent refugees from Laos, USA, 1982
- N = 145
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
Questionnaire filled out anonimously in presence of interviewer
- Authors's Label
- Perceived control
- Our Classification
- Index of closed questions, rated on a 7-point Delighted-Terrible scale: How do you feel about:
- the control you have over what happens in your life?
- the opportunity to change things that you don't like?
- your independence or freedom (the chance to have to do what you want)?
Observed Relation with Happiness
- satisfaction with self
- satisfaction with leisure
- satisfaction with USA.