Study Gall et al. (1997): study US 1971
- University students, USA, 1971
- N = 86
- Non Response
Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
And content analysis
- Authors's Label
- Personal values_A
- Our Classification
- Comparison of most and least happy Ss. (top and bottom 27%). All differences similar for males and females except social values (no. 2) report of which is significantly related to happiness among females only.
- Combination scores of frequently mentioned values on the basis of content analysis of each Ss written philosophy of life:
a. Happiness: combination score of:
- enjoyment of life
- inner peace
- living life to its fullest
- love of life
- fun, excitement, good times
b. Social values: combination score of all values relating to social interests.
c. Striving values: combination score of all values relating to striving, accomplishment, goal seeking.
d. Self values: combination score of all values of self-confidence, self- esteem, etc.
e. Learning values: combination score of all educational and learning values.