- 50+ aged, Netherlands, followed before and after retirement, 2001-2011
- Survey name
- NL-NIDI work and retirement panel
- N = 4419
- Non Response
T1: 2001, T2: 2006/7, T3: 2011
- Authors's Label
- Our Classification
- Error Estimates
- Crobach's alpha: 0.64-0.71
- The score of self-efficacy was standardized.
t1: M = 3,97 SD = 0,50
T2: M = 3,81 SD = 0,40
T3: M = 3,71 SD = 0,50
- Selfreport. Measured by shortened version of the General Self-Efficacy Scale (GSES-2), with the following items:
A. "If I absolutely want something, it usually goes wrong”"
B. "If I make plans, I am convinced I will succeed in executing them”"
C. "If I get the impression that something is complicated, I don’t start on it”"
D. "I doubt myself”"
E. "I have difficulty solving the problems I face in life”"
1: totally disagree
5: totally agree
Observed Relation with Happiness
b-fix controlled for T1-T3 CHANGE in:
- living with partner
- health problems
- personal monthly income
- combined effects on retirement decision and bridge employment