- Male supervisors, chemical plant, USA, 197?
- N = 69
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Perceived importanceof specific aspects of the job
- Our Classification
- Related specification variables
- Closed questions rated on 7-point scales ranging from 'unimportant' to 'important', using items from the Job Descriptive Index (see Smith et al., 1969).
a. Actual work done.
c. Promotional opportunities.
Observed Relation with Happiness
Non-problem department: r = +.59 (01)
Non-problem department: r = +.17 (ns)
Non-problem department: r = +.18 (ns)
Non-problem department: r = +.22 (ns)
Non-problem department: r = +.03 (ns)
Ss in problem department characterized by: lower age, lower education, lower income, shorter tenure as well as less satisfaction with life, leisure and job.