- 18+ aged general public in 30 cities, China, 2003
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- N = 8867
- Non Response:
Respondents were interviewed in person in shopping districts of each city by a CMMRC employee trained in interview techniques.
- Authors's Label
- Openness of economy in province of city
- Our Classification
- Data collected in the immediate aftermath of China joining the WTO, when economic opening up was at the forefront of people’s minds.
Range: 0.04303 - 1.556.
Mean = 0.347; SD = 0.44;
- Share of imports and expeorts in provincial GDP
Observed Relation with Happiness
- Personal characteristics
- Age, age squared
- Marital status
- Attitudes to socioeconomic and political issues
- City dummies