- 21+ aged, general public, Dominican Republic, Panama and Yugoslavia, ± 1960
- N = 5228
- Non Response:
Half-structured interview by native interviewers in each country.
- Authors's label
- Having children
- Our Classification
- Absence vs presence of living children.
Observed Relation with Happiness
Married persons with children are less happy (05)
than married Ss without children, singles without children and singles with children.
Among married persons:
- positive in Dominican Republic (05), esp. in
- negative in Panama (01) in both urban and rural
- negative in Yugoslavia (01), esp. in rural areas.
- negative among females (01).
- positive among males (05).
- negative among age 40+ (01).
- not among age 21-39 (ns).
- negative among high S.E.S. (01).
- not among lower S.E.S. (ns).