- Lottery winners and non-lottery winners, Illinois, USA, 1977
- N = 108
- Non Response
Interview: Computer Assisted Telephone Interview (CATI)
Structured interview, mainly by phone
- Authors's Label
- Having won a major lottery
- Our Classification
- Non-winners vs lottery winners.
1. Lottery winners: won $50.000 or more
in Illinois State Lottery.
N=22, non-response 48%.
2. Non-winners: 86 people living close
to the lottery winners.
N=86, non-response 56%. Consisting
of: - buyers of lottery tickets
- non-buyers (N=27).
Observed Relation with Happiness
Non-winners/buyers: M=3.81 Mt'=7.62
Non-winners/non-buyers: M=4.00 Mt'=8.00
Unaffected by coverstory (lottery focus or everyday life focus).