- Immigrants from Europe, USA, 1978
- N = 844
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Peceptions of US-life
- Our Classification
- Related specification variables
- Index consisting of 4 closed questions:
1. "Would you say that in general
public officials treat you?:
1: not fairly at all, 2: not very
fairly, 3: fairly enough, 4: very
2 "How free do you feel to live the
kind of life you want to?"
1: not free at all, 2: not very
free, 3: free enough, 4: very free.
3. "How satisfied are you with life in
the US today?"
1: completely dissatisfied,
4: neutral, 7: completely satisfied
4. "If you had the chance to move out
of the US and settle down in some
other country, do you think you
would like to do it?"
1: yes, 2: not sure, 3: no
Loadings of the four items were determined by factor-analysis.