- 15+ aged, general public, Australia, 2001 - 2013
- Survey name
- AU-HILDA combined waves
- N = 6082
- Non Response
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's Label
- Physical activity
- Our Classification
- Source: International Physical Activity Questionnaire.
- Exercising as recommended?
Recommended: Metabolic Equivalent of Task (MET)-minutes per week more than 840 but less than 10.000. Equivalent of 30 or more minutes x weekx4MET.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- individual characteristics
- Green space and interaction green space
per capita and physical exercise.
- marital status
- employment status
- manual work
- social desirability, vulnerability to
- free time
- social interaction
- personality traits
- years at current address
- environmental characteristics
- access ro green space
- proximity to lake,river,coastline
- years interviewed
More physical activity reduces likelihood of low life-satisfaction. No significant association in higher quartiles with higher levels of life-satisfaction.
No (synergistic) effect with green space (interaction effect not significant.)