- Young adults participating in a happiness training, Spain, 201?
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- N = 78
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: paper
- Authors's label
- Best Possible Self Intervention
- Our Classification
- Participants were randomly assigned to:
1. TREATMENT. Best Possible Self program. Participants were asked to write about and imagine a future in which they have reached all their goals and developed all their potential in personal, professional, social and health domains. After a first session in the laborartory all the content in the participants' Book of Life was exported to the web platform so they could continue the practice exercise at home in the same format.
0. CONTROL. Daily activities programm. Participants were asked to think and write about everything they had done in the past 24 h.They were told that it would help them to identify problematic areas in their lives and work on improving them.
In both groups participants were asked to continue the practice the exercise for 5 minutes a day during a period of 1 month.
Observed Relation with Happiness
T1 T2 T3 T4 T5
Treatment 1.47 1.76 1.88 1.85 1.60
Controls 1.46 1.55 1.83 1.92 1.77
-Difference +0.01 +0.21 +0.05 -0.07 -0.17
T2-T1 T3-T1 T4-T1 T5-T1
Treatment +0.29 +0.41 +0.38 +0.13
Control +0.09 +0.37 +0.46 +0.31
-Difference +0.20 +0.04 -0.08 -0.18
Control +4.6% +3,9%
-Difference +0.5% -2,3%
Hence an increase in happiness in both treatment and controls. Change occurs earlier in treatment and lasts longer in controls
Happiness assessed at
T1= pre training
T2= after 15 days training
T3= at the end of training
T4= follow-up 1 month
T5= follow-up 2 months