- Student participants in a happiness training, USA 198?
- Survey name
- Unnamed study
- N = 98
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Program to increase personal happiness
- Our Classification
- The '14 fundamental' behaviours are: - keep busy - spend more time socializing - beproductive at meaningful work -get better organized and plam -stop worrying - lower your expectations - develop positive thinking - become present oriented - work on a healthy personality - develop an outgoing social personality - be yourself - eliminate negative feeling and problems - close relations are number one for happiness - put happiness as your number one priority
- In the context of a regular course, students were introduced in the science of happiness and presented a brief overview of the '14 fundamentals', which program was presented as 'new information on happiness self-help resulting from research'
1 TREATMENT: Extra exposure
Students were additionally given detailed instruction in each of the 14 fundamentals and were stimulated to practice these behaviors on a daily basis.
0: CONTROL: No additional exposure
Observed Relation with Happiness
Treated Ma = 72,2
Controls Ma = 64,7
- difference + 7,5
Controls Ma = 7,5
- difference +0,4
Controls Ma = 37,8
- difference 10,3
Net time happy computed by WDH team
Happiness was assessed unobtrusively in both groups as part of the course work.
Pre-post test time difference not reported