- 23-59 aged English speaking, Toronto and Ontario, Canada, 198?
- N = 1038
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Paper & Pencil Interview (PAPI)
- Authors's Label
- Satisfaction with love relationship
- Our Classification
- Factor analysis based on answers to closed questions. The respondents were asked to indicate how satisfied they were with their: 1. marital status, 2. love relationship(s), 3. sex life. Rated on a 11-point scale ranging from completely dissatisfied to completely satisfied.
Observed Relation with Happiness
1. instrumental: problems managing money,deciding how to spend money, not enough money to do things, unsatisfying job, not enough money to get by on;
2. expressive: unsatisfactory sex life, problems communicating, dissatisfied with marital status, not enough close friends, no one to show love/affection, too dependent on others, not having children, no one to understand problems; 3. interpersonal demands: too many responsibilities, no one to depend on, too many demands on time, problems communicating, problems with children, problems with spouse/ex-spouse, conflicts with those who are close), and satisfaction with job and financial situation, friendships and living situation.
NON-MARRIED Ss ONLY:
- - neutral or dissatisfied: Mt = 6.6
- satisfied: Mt = 7.9
Difference significant (001)
- males: r = +.41 ß = +.27
- females: r = +.45 ß = +.21
Beta's controlled for the same variables as above, except marital status and gender.