- 18+ aged, general public, Netherlands, 2016, followed 30 weeks
- Survey name:
- Unnamed study
- N = 706
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: web
- Authors's label
- Our Classification
- Dutch Short Gratitude Resentment and Appreciation Test (SCRAT-nl). 1-9-point Likert-scale, 16 propositions; scores from 16 to 144. Higher scores indicate more gratitude.(page 100). Propositions:
1. Without help of many people I could never have achieved what I actually have achieved.
2. Life has been good to me.
3. Apparantly there is never enough of anything and I never get my fair share.
4. I am frequently impressed by the beauty of nature.
5. I think it is not only important to be proud of my achievements; it is also important to remember what other people contributed.
6. I do not believe that I got all the good things I deserved to in life.
7. Each automn I enjoy how the leaves change their colour.
8. Even though I feel to be in control of my own life I still think a lot about the people who have encouraged and helped me.
9. It is import to reflect an appreciate the beautiful things in life now and then.
10. I had more bad things happening to me in life than I deserved.
11. In view of my experiences in life I feel that the world ows me something.
12. It is important to count your blessings.
13. It is important to enjoy the simple things in life.
14. I am very grateful for everything people did for me in life.
15. For some reason I do not get the benefits other people usually get.
16. It is important to appreciate every day in your life.
Observed Relation with Happiness
-previous happiness at T-1
-previous psychopathology at T-1