- Students, 14 nations, 2014
- N = 2398
- Non Response:
- Questionnaire: paper
- Authors's Label
- Fear of happiness
- Our Classification
- Fear of Happiness Scale (FHS) (Joshanloo2013)
- Related specification variables
- Self-report on 5 questions:
a "I prefer not to be joyful, because usually joy is followed by sadness"
b "I believe the more cheerful and happy I am, the more I should expect bad things to occur in my life"
c "Disastres often follow good fortune"
d "Having lots of joyand fun causes bad things to happen"
e "Excessive joy has some bad consequences"
7 (strongly agree):
Observed Relation with Happiness
- personal growth initiative
- personal level autonomy
- culture level wealth
- culture level individualism