- 18+ aged, general public, 36 nations, 2006-2015
- Survey name:
- N = 303858
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's Label
- Inequality in life satisfaction
- Our Classification
- When multiple waves are available in a country the mean is used.
- Standard deviation of happiness ( life satisfaction) in nation.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- log GDP
- marital status
- region dummies
The reduction in magnitude is explained by the strong correlation between log GDP and SWL inequality.
- income-inequality (GINI)
- Average preference for low income inequality
- country dummies