- 15-60 aged, general public, followed 12 month, The Netherlands, 1967-77
- N = 296
- Non Response
- Authors's Label
- Change in burdens in the last year (lowering)
- Our Classification
- Error Estimates
- Reliability between experts: _=.93.
- Related specification variables
- Objectieve rating by a panel of experts on the basis of:
a Report of life events in the last year (T2-T3).
b life situation and life history of the Ss.
Assessed at T3 (1977).
Typical events considered by the judges:
1. Change of role like marriage,
promotion in job or retirement.
2. Change in health.
3. Change in contacts with important
others or change in place of living.
4. Crisis events like loss of property
or contact with police.
5. Important news about events that
have happened or are about to
6. Important decisions about job,
marriage, health or place of living.
7. Events that are predominantly
financial, like concluding a
mortgage or gaining a large sum in a
8. Other positive events.
Observed Relation with Happiness
intimacy with partner fair r=+.31
coping ability fair r=+.29
neuroticism low r=+.21
control external r=+.35
stress T2(1976) low r=+.19