- Adults, 6 European nations, 2000-2009
- Survey name:
- Pooled surveys
- N = 55000
- Non Response:
Multiple assesment methods
Different methods across surveys. Most were conducted face-to-face.
- Authors's Label
- Perceived fate control (life)
- Our Classification
- North Europe M=6,9 Latin Europe M=6,4
- Related specification variables
- Freedom in life is based on a question from the World Values Survey that asks, "Some people feel they have completely free choice and control over their lives, while other people feel that what they do has no real effect on what happens to them. Please use this scale where 1 means 'none at all' and 10 means 'a great deal' to indicate how much freedom of choice and control you feel you have over the way your life turns out."