- Adults, 6 European nations, 2000-2009
- Survey name:
- Pooled surveys
- N = 55000
- Non Response:
Multiple assesment methods
Different methods across surveys. Most were conducted face-to-face.
- Authors's Label
- Perception of hierarchy
- Our Classification
- GLOBE study (House et al., 2004)
- North Europe M=4,28 Latin Europe M=5,41
- Related specification variables
- Agreement to four statements:
a In this society, followers are expected to obey their leader without question
b In this society, power is concentrated at the top
c In this organization, subordinates are expected to obey their boss without question
d In this organization, a person's influence is primarily based on one's ability and contribution to the organization.
Agreement is on a numerical scale, ranging from little (1) to much (7) power distance.