- Adult, general public, 4 towns, varying in economic prosperity, Illinois, USA, 1962
- N = 2006
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's label
- Average television viewing
- Our Classification
- Closed question on number of hours a day on the average one watched television last week, rated on a 7-point scale.
1 hour or less / 2 hours / 3 hours or more.
Observed Relation with Happiness
- high S.E.S. : G' = -.14 (ns)
- low S.E.S. : G' = +.02 (ns)
- Among those of low S.E.S. U-shaped curve. Those watching television for about 2 hours a day
have most positive feelings.