- 16+ aged, households' members, Netherlands, 1993-2006
- Survey name
- NL-DHS 1993
- N = 4500
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: Conputer Assisted Web Interview (CAWI)
- Authors's Label
- Discounting and self-control
- Our Classification
- Self-report on multiple questions.
A: "I often work on things that will only pay off in a couple of years"
B: "With everything I do, I am only concerned about the immediate consequences (a period of a couple of days or weeks)"
C: "Do you find it difficult to control your expenditures?"
D: "I have good control of my investments and their returns"
E: "Do you have little self-control or are you very disciplined?"
1: totally disagree
7: totally agree
Observed Relation with Happiness
Instrument for happiness:
- last ten days cloud cover deviation
Bs controlled for:
- Personal characteristics
- labor force status
- marital status
- household size
- health status
- number of children
- year fixed effects