- Female students, undergraduates, University of Wisconsin, USA, 196?
- N = 72
- Non Response:
- 81%; 61% refusal, 5% eliminated on basis of screening data, 15% miscellaneous re
Multiple assesment methods
Structured questionnaires, tests; and interview.
- Authors's Label
- Elated mood during experiment
- Our Classification
- Related specification variables
- Two indicators were used to measure mood. Ss answered these questions at the end of an experimental situation in which their self-esteem was experimentally altered. This was done by means of a false personality report dealing with the subject's creativity, maturity and other things.
1. 5-item elation cluster from the
Nowlis-Green Mood Adjective Check-
list, containing adjectives scored
for 'how do you feel at the moment'
(see Nowlis, 1965).
2. 4-item index of closed questions on
mood right now, the best you felt
today, the worst you felt today, and
the way you usually feel: scored on
the Wessman & Ricks Elation vs
Depression Scale (see excerpt WESSM
Observed Relation with Happiness
Among unhappy Ss temporaly mood is unaffected by reduced self-esteem and increased by bolstered self-esteem.
reduced self-esteem and slightly decreased by
- Among unhappy Ss temporaly mood is higher after
bolstered self-esteem than after reduced self-