- 18-45 aged, general public, New-Zealand and Tonga, 2005-2008
- Survey name:
- PacificIsland-NewZealand MigrationSurvey
- N = 254
- Non Response:
- Interview: face-to-face
- Authors's label
- Our Classification
- A lottery was conducted among people who subscribed to emigrate from Tonga to New Zealand. In this lottery, about 10% is randomly assigned to move to New Zealand.They can only truly move in case they have obtained a full-time job in New Zealand within 6 months. It results in three groups:
1: Migrants: This were the winners in the lottery who truly moved from Tonga to New Zealand.
a) The persons who lost in the lottery.
B) Winners in the lottery who were still in New Zealand at the time of the survey.
Observed Relation with Happiness
B's not controlled
B's controlled for:
- marital status
- years of education
- region of birth
- employment status before moving
- personal income before moving
- household income before moving
- visited New Zealand before 2000