- 31-aged general public, Finland, 1997-1998
- Survey name
- FI-Northern Finland 1966 Birth Cohort
- N = 5696
- Non Response
- Questionnaire: paper
- Authors's Label
- Our Classification
- Migration assessed comparing residence at age 23 (earlier wave in this panel) and 31 (present wave).
- Related specification variables
- 1: Migrated in the last 8 years
a) from an urban to a rural area
b) from a rural area to an urban area
0: Not migrated in the last 8 years
Observed Relation with Happiness
OR controlled for:
- employment history
Similar findings were obtained when no controls are included or when additionally controlled for:
- social support
- active coping strategies
- passive coping strategies
- attitude towards the future
Similar findings are found for females.
Odds ratio of 1 means equal happiness, a higher odds ratio than 1 means less happiness, a lower odds ratio than 1 means higher happiness.